Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

"cycilists attacked by Geese"




There are more Canada geese along the Canal than are in Canada. And they all have an attitude especially when they have their brood with them. Both Peggy and I have had them jump up and fly at us. Sort shocking the first time. Now I shout on my approach. I'd hate to have anyone around to hear my conversation with the geese. 'Round the bend for sure.
The ride yesterday was punctuated by traversing both Rome and Utica NY. People seem a bit edgy in both communities. But it was a change from geese. We quit on the east side of Utica.
Day off today!!! We'll start again on Sat. for the last push. Super-domestiques, Hal and Beth Goodrich coming in to get us over the Berkshires(I hope).
The bottom picture is sort of a typical view of the canal and bike path when both are at their best.

2 comments:

  1. Great work Lance and Johan! Good luck in the last push.

    Johnny F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pete,

    As soon as I saw the title of your post, I had to laugh. I have actually run over a canadian goose before. It zig and zagged in front of me after I yelled at it and I went right over it! Somehow I stayed on my bike. Goose didn't do so hot! So beware, you never know what they will do! I hope you had a great ride with the Hal and Beth. I hope the mountains are beautiful. Have a great last few days!

    ReplyDelete