Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010



Well here it is Sunday night and already I've missed one report . I guess
I should report that Andy and I arrived in one piece in Doylestown OH. Andy did have a flat about 3 miles from the end and took shelter in a cemetery. Cathy managed to find him though.

Some of the scenery was most picturesque.On Saturday the Amish were out in full force; I have never had to pass a horse and buggy with a bike before. I think the milage was about 56 on Sat. If I can get my Instrucuress to help I think I can pass along some Pics.
I should retrace a bit and go back to Sat if only to take time to thank Mike bell for finding Gann, OH in the rain but also to remind him to not listen to the radio with the engine off.
Eddie Bell also gets a tip of the helmet for driving on Sat. AM.

Today Bob Hellmuth came and joined on the ride to Ravenna. With all the time traversing Akron we were very fortunate this was a Sunday. We had beautiful weather and some interesting bike trails along canals. Nonetheless I hope most of the urban riding is behind for a while. Today was relatively short at 38 mi. But I think I make up for it with a long one tomorrow. Had a flat at the end of the day today and fixed it but the blew the tube filling it at the B&B. Peg will hit a bike shop and check it out while I ride "ol Yeller. Ashtabula and Lake Erie is the destination tomorrow. Hope all is well where you are. 'nite all.

3 comments:

  1. I keep calling and missing you. I will try again tomorrow and maybe can teach you how to upload the pics over the phone. you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth & I are really excited to hear the latest updates each day. Only two weeks until we join you for the grand finale.
    Hal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your classmates are amazed and awed by your efforts. We have received a few “Pledges for Pete,” which we will add to the total raised for the 50th! We all wish you well and look forward to reading your reports from the road.

    --Deerfield Academy

    ReplyDelete